Ground Beef recipes are one of my favorite recipes and the recipes I am sharing over here are my all-time favorite. As I told you about my Indian friend Neha, she has introduced me with an awesome Indian snack called “samosa”, we can relate it with puffs; although they are fried and not baked! Believe me, the flavors still tickle my senses. I had tried the vegetarian version of this samosa filled with potatoes. But today I am sharing an awesome recipe of samosa with ground beef i.e. Beef Samosa. It’s a delight, mouthwatering and perfect snacks for parties too. Serve it with dips or just with some ketchup and you are good to go.
The second simple recipe is Last Minute Lasagna! Who don’t like Lasagna but what’s more fascinating about this recipe is, that it is super quick and simple to make. This could be one of the real good dinner ideas for your weekend.
If I talk about the benefits of beef, then I would always suggest you to get lean beef for all your preparations. Beef contributes into the daily protein food intake, its rich in Vitamin B12, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous and many more vital nutrients. Not only does it provide you with a bundle of essential nutrients, but it has one of the highest concentrations of these nutrients compared to many other proteins. Choose leanest cuts like Loin and Round for better health results.
Anyways without wasting much time, let’s start cooking. First I will share the recipe of Beef samosa and later the lasagna.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef (lean meat)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chili peppers
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 1 (16 ounce) package phyllo dough
- Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in potatoes and peas. Cook until potatoes are tender but still firm, for about 15 minutes or so. Drain, mash together and set aside.
- Now, in a large saucepan over medium high heat, heat the oil. Brown cumin seeds and bay leaf. Mix in onions and ground beef. Cook until beef is evenly brown and onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Put garlic, fresh ginger root. Season it with black pepper, salt, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chili powder, cinnamon and cardamom. Stir in the mashed potato mixture. Remove from heat and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or until its cool to the room temperature.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan over high heat.
- Mix cilantro and green chili peppers into the potato and beef mixture. Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto each phyllo sheet. Fold sheets into triangles, pressing edges together with moistened fingers.
- In small batches, fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve warm with dips or ketchup.
Source - http://99cooking.com/beef-samosas/
Last Minute Lasagna
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 ½ cups Ragu Old World Style Pasta Sauce
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package Knorr’s Pasta Side - Alfredo, prepared as directed on package, but reduce water to 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In skillet, brown ground beef. Drain fat. Stir in Sauce, basil and oregano. Bring to boil; remove from heat.
- Pour half of ground beef mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Top with Knorr® Pasta Sides™ - Alfredo, then remaining meat sauce and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Make this lasagna from start to finish in half the time it would take to cook a frozen lasagna.
Tip: Add thinly sliced zucchini on top of the first layer of cheese for an extra veggie fix your kids won’t even notice!
I hope you will enjoy these recipes as much I do. If you have any suggestions and tips; you can share it with us. Till then, Stay Fabulous!