Chili recipe is an ultimate cold-weather comfort food. More than just delicious, this healthy chili is a simple one-pot meal that can be made with ingredients you already have in your hands. In fact it can easily be pushed to feed a crowd on any Sunday brunches or any given Game Day.
The main ingredients of a chili recipe are different beans and ground beef. We all know the benefits of beef. Just make sure that you use leaner meat for healthy recipes. Now comes the beans; beans are available either in canned or dried. I prefer the dried ones as this way you can control the salt and other preservatives which you do not want to add. Beans are an excellent source of fiber, it provide an average of 6g of fiber per ½ cup. They contain both insoluble and soluble fiber, which may help in lowering the cholesterol, it also improves glucose control and prevent colon cancer and diverticulitis. To cook beans, make sure you soak them in normal water for overnight and then boil them and cook until it’s soft.
Today I am sharing an easy chili recipe that you can make easily on any given day. The flavors are enticing and mouth-watering. But genuinely chili recipe is no rocket science everyone has their own recipe and ingredients for it. It’s all about creativity in flavors and taste. So just feel free to make some changes or alternatives in this recipe.
Anyways without wasting time, let’s jot down the recipe –
This recipe serves up to 6 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ medium red bell pepper [or green bell pepper]
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 tub Knorr Stock - Beef
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle chile pepper (you can add chili as per your taste)
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes or 3 cups of fresh tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups red kidney beans, soaked and cooked in boiling water
- Take a saucepan on medium-high heat and add olive oil in it. Now cook onion, garlic and pepper until its soft and add ground beef in it and stir until the vegetables and beef are cooked properly.
- Stir in Knorr Homestyle Stock - Beef and chipotle chile pepper until Stock is melted.
- Put tomatoes and cooked beans. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Serve, if desired, with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and/or chopped cilantro.
Tip: Squeeze few drops of fresh lemon juice to add that extra zing and sour flavors.
P.S. There is more interesting chili recipe called Hearty Chipotle Chili and this recipe calls for Black beans instead of red kidney beans.
This recipe is again filled with amazing flavors and taste. As I said it earlier chili can be made in different styles and with different ingredients. You just have to be creative here to pick your own ingredients; mix the beans, try for some vegan recipes i.e. don’t add beef in it, use of spice etc. especially Indian spices or curry powder can be used in this recipe.Indian spices are hot which makes it really spicy and they are also perfect for the cold weather.
I hope you will like this recipe and if you have any suggestion or tips to share, feel free to contact me or make comments below. Keep looking this space for more interesting and simple recipes. Till then, have fun and keep smiling!