Thursday 12 December 2013

Grilled Pork Delight: Coffee and Molasses Pork Chops


I am addicted to coffee so whenever I hear coffee it fascinates me and encourage me to think, what all I can cook with coffee. And one of my friends knows this addiction of mine and sent me this amazing grilled pork chop recipe made from coffee and molasses. When I saw the name, I had started drooling and decided to make this recipe ASAP.

I just made few more changes in this recipe. This recipe is originally cited in Taste of Home’s website. This recipe is indeed super scrumptious and addictive. *Don’t get confused with what I had said about my addiction with coffee and don’t think that I love this recipe because of coffee; but believe me this recipe is really addictive in terms of taste, flavors, richness*

This recipe was such a hit in my family that I have decided to make this easy recipe again and this time for Christmas dinner. It’s juicy, tender and super moist. For glazing, again coffee is used so the flavor of coffee is strong but not over powering. Anyways let’s get into some serious cooking –

This recipe serves up to 4 servings
Preparation Time: 2 hours
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes

Ingredients –
  • 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1″ of thickness)
  • 1 cup strongly-brewed coffee
  • ½ cup of molasses
  • 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
  • A small bunch of fresh thyme leaves, chopped and divided for garnishing
  • 3-4 minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon ginger paste
  • ½ teaspoon ground cloves
  • Juice of 1 lemon, plus zest
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Method –
  1. In a large bowl, combine everything except the chops. Pour ½ cup marinade into a large clear sealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate it for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining coffee mixture until you are ready to cook.
  2. Now for glazing, put remaining coffee and molasses mixture in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about ½ of the cup.
  3. Now take the pork pieces out and drain and discard the marinade. Now take a griller, and apply some oil over the grill rack. Grill chops over the medium heat or broil each sides for about 5 minutes. You can check the temperature of the chops and it should read temperature reading of 145-160o F. let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
  4. Spoon glaze over chops and sprinkle some chopped fresh thyme to garnish

I hope you will like this quick and simple recipe, I have thoroughly enjoyed this recipe; it was just yum. If you have any suggestion or query you can write to me. I would appreciate if you can share your Christmas dinner menu with us. Till then happy cooking and happy eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment