Weeknights means super busy and hectic days. For me Tuesday and Wednesday are the most tiring day in a week. Not just I am busy at work but feels lazy too, to cook on these particular days. God knows why! So, on these particular days I actually look for some easy dinner ideas.
Anyways this weekend I was planning and scheduling my work assignments and I got this wonderful mail from my very old friend, she has sent me some wonderful pictures of her vacation and asked for a favor that write something on weeknight meals and dinner ideas. Well frankly speaking, I thought it is a great idea. Plan your dinner menu beforehand. Why didn’t I get this idea before? :O
There is a famous quote by Calvin Trillin; it says – The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found... hehehe... Quite true! It is okay to use leftovers at times on weeknights but making some healthy recipes is important too. So, today I am sharing 3 easy recipes that you can make on any busy weeknights. This menu is consists of a soup recipe, main dish and lastly an easy dessert.
Today’s Menu is –
- Chicken and Asparagus Stove Top Casserole
- Steak Tacos- Griddle Style and
- Chocolate and Banana Filled French Toasts
Let’s begin with soup recipe first. Soups are the best appetizers and they are healthy and easy to digest. Today’s recipe is Chicken and Asparagus Stove Top Casserole. This recipe is inspired from the famous chef Marco Pierre White. Well, Asparagus is a great source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that improves the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells. Asparagus is packed full of antioxidants, and known as the top fruits and vegetables for its ability to neutralize cell-damaging free radicals. In short, asparagus is really good for health. It also fight against cancer such as breast, bone, lungs, and larynx cancer etc. I got this recipe from on a weekday mailer – Chicken and AsparagusStove Top Casserole. Click here to get this recipe. This recipe can be cooked in just 15 minutes.
Next recipe is tacos, who don’t like tacos - Steak Tacos- Griddle Style. Tacos are easy to cook and are definitely yummy. I am using chopped beef pieces in this recipe and this recipe takes just 10 minutes to cook. I got this recipe on Pinterest. You can try this recipe here.
Third and the last recipe is my another personal favorite and my kids favorite too – Chocolate and Banana Filled French Toasts for desserts. It is the simplest and the yummiest recipe. You just need chocolate hazelnut spread like Nutella chocolate spread in it.
For this you need –
- ¼ cup of milk
- 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Bread slices – 6
- 4 ½ tablespoons nutella spread
- 1 cup of thinly sliced banana
- Powder sugar to dust
- Canola oil
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in large bowl which can accumulate a bread slice.
- Spread the nutella chocolate spread on bread slices. On 3 slices put banana slices and top sandwiches with remaining bread slices.
- Now heat oil in a large nonstick skillet pan over medium-high heat. Working with 1 sandwich at a time, place into milk and egg mixture, coating each slices carefully. Now place these coated sandwiches into pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar and serve.
I hope you like these simple recipes. It’s simple but believe me it’s extremely delicious. If you can cook all three then you can change your busy boring weeknight dinner into joyous weekend dinner. I am keen to know your thoughts and suggestion over this menu. You can also share your menus too, so maybe next time we have plenty of easy menus to try each day.