A simple baked chicken recipe is always a rescuer when we are confused about what to cook for dinner. It’s been advisable that a protein rich diet is always beneficial and we all know that chicken breasts is one of the healthiest source of protein which is fat-free.
In today’s post I am sharing a simple baked chicken stuffed with cheese, mushrooms and spinach. I looked into my refrigerator and found this amazing smoked ricotta cheese and was wondering what all I can cook with this. So I thought, let’s make a nice chicken recipe with it. This is a simple recipe that you can try at any weekend if you want. Or if you are confused for a dinner recipe; this is probably one the best idea to go for. Serve it with steamed vegetables and savory mashed potatoes to complete the meal.
Do you know, mushrooms are the only fruit or vegetable which are rich in Vitamin D, which is essential for absorption of calcium in our body, and the other source is sunlight? It’s good for your immune system and kick your metabolism, it have anti-oxidants properties and good for your bladder and many more. WOW! One little thing packed with so much of goodness. Similarly I really don’t need to blabber about spinach we all know how good it is for body, rich in vitamin A. this recipe is again one of the best way to make your kids eat spinach without creating any nuisance at the dinner table. Kids love this recipe. Tip – you can use frozen spinach or even kale for this recipe, but I recommend you to use fresh veggies for this recipe.
Anyways let’s not just waste any more time and jot down this simple chicken recipe for dinner –
Yields: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total: 35 minutes
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts – 4 (6 ounces)
- Fresh shredded spinach – 1 package (10 ounces)
- Small mushroom caps (crimini or button) – 12
- 2 tablespoons butter or Olive oil or extra virgin olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Cloves garlic (cracked) – 2
- Smoked Ricotta Cheese, shredded – 1 cup (I used the herbed one)
- Salt, fresh ground pepper, paprika, ground nutmeg – to taste
- Toothpicks – to hold
- First pound chicken breast pieces evenly on a surface. Later season chicken breasts with salt, paprika, pepper and nutmeg and keep it aside.
- Take a skillet pan on medium-low heat put butter or olive oil in it, add garlic and mushroom in it. Toss for 2 minutes and add shredded spinach in this. Turn off the heat. Add cheese and sprinkle little salt (as per taste) over it. Let it cool for a while.
- Now take the chicken pieces and put this stuffing in it and roll. With a help of a toothpick secure these breast pieces.
- Preheat the oven at 300o F until the internal temperature reaches 155o. Bake this for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked and cheese is melted.
P.S. Serve this with Tomato Basil Sauce, steamed vegetables and savory mashed potato.
Simple recipe isn’t it? This recipe is healthy too, as it is not fried! You can even serve this baked chicken in a starter. Just cut them into small piece and serve it with a vegetable dip or tomato basil sauce. This recipe can be served in a party too. It taste scrumptious, cheesy and mouthwatering. I hope you will like this recipe. If you have any suggestion or idea, please comment below or you can also send me an email. Till then, stay healthy and happy. Happy New Year once again.