Whenever you plan to make quiche for dinner or lunch, what’s important is to have at home is pie crust. Generally we bought pie crust from the bakery but what if you don’t have pie crust handy, either you will go to market and buy some or if you are lazy like me then you would go for the options like crust-less quiche recipe.
But why don’t we try to make crust at home itself. Lately, I was looking for these recipes to try and there I found this easy recipe to make pie crust at home. Unlike pie crust for pie, quiche’s pie are easy to make and you can cheat here.
Today I am making an easy vegetable quiche with the home baked pie crust. Making this pie crust is no rocket science, just blend butter with dry ingredients in such a way that it evenly binds together and make a dough. Nevertheless, let’s jot down the ingredients and method of making the pie crust and later we will make this easy vegetable quiche by putting all the filling inside.
This recipe can make 1 (9 inch) pie crust, you need –
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter (softened at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Water (if required)
- Place all ingredients in mixing pan. Stir together with fork. You can also use food processor to make a smooth dough. Note – be careful while adding water to make a nice dough, by adding excess water can ruin the dough completely.
Once dough is ready, lightly flour your working surface, turn the dough out onto it, and sprinkle some more flour on top and roll evenly to make nice crust. Your pie crust is ready. Lay this crust on a greased pan and shape it accordingly. Now your pie crust is ready for the filling. Before you use this crust for baking, it’s recommended to freeze the crust in the refrigerator. Later the crust is ready for the filling.
This recipe can serve up to 6 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
For filling you need –
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or any vegetable like asparagus
- 1 package Knorr Spring Vegetable recipe mix
- Preheat the oven at 400o F.
- Now beat eggs in large bowl with wire whisk. Stir in milk, cheese, spinach and Knorr Spring Vegetable recipe mix. And pour this mixture into pie crust.
- Arrange pie on baking sheet and bake 50 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
Ideally people prefer quiche recipes for breakfast but nobody is stopping you to have this recipe in lunch or dinner. Vegetable quiche recipe is filling and appetizing and with this home baked pie crust making, quiche is now more fun and ease. I hope you will like the recipe, if you have any query or suggestion, please write to me. Live, Laugh and Love.