Tuesday 18 February 2014

Benedict Deviled Eggs

benedict deviled eggs recipe

Deviled eggs is the favorite recipe of many people including me. Whether it is a salsa deviled eggs or the spicy one. I love deviled eggs in every form. I like eggs in each form whether it is sunny side ups, omelets, hard boiled and even egg benedict. Eggs are the best thing for breakfast and in fact, I love them in lunches too.

Late in the afternoon today I was looking for some quick snack bites to eat and at the same time, I was too choosy to eat something and also want to try something new altogether. So, I did some surfing and all to look for some options but didn’t find anything interesting so I just opened my fridge to check what all I got. I saw that I had hollandaise sauce, eggs and bacon! And boom!! This recipe popped into my head which I read quite a long back and decided to make this recipe for my late afternoon snacks.

At times, I just feel so hungry for no reason and at that time I just need something quick, easy and super scrumptious. This simple recipe can also be served with evening tea or coffee or even you can serve this recipe in the party. We are drizzling hollandaise sauce over spiced deviled eggs instead of poached eggs but it taste great and it taste more creamier and tastier. Let’s not waste any time and start cooking –
This recipe can makes up to 16 eggs.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients –
  • 8 hard cooked eggs, halved
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • ½ tsp. mustard powder
  • Fresh finely chopped, parsley
  • 1 package Hollandaise sauce mix, prepared according to package directions, divided
  • 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cooked
  • 4 ounces Canadian bacon, finely chopped and cooked
Method –
  1. Remove egg yolks, reserving egg whites. Mash yolks with lemon juice, mustard powder, parsley and 1/3 cup prepared Hollandaise sauce mix.
  2. Spoon or pipe egg yolk mixture into egg whites. Arrange asparagus on serving platter, top with filled eggs.
  3. Drizzle with remaining Hollandaise sauce, then sprinkle with bacon.

Simple and easy. Just hard boil the egg, mix the egg yolks with hollandaise sauce, lemon juice and some favorite herb of yours. Try not to mix many flavors together, keep it simple; let the hollandaise sauce give the edgy flavors of creamy and smooth zests. 
I hope you will like this recipe and if you also have such interesting easy recipes with eggs then you can share with us too. Please write your feedback in comment. Till then make more interesting recipes and woo your friends and relatives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment