Slow cooking or slow cooker recipes are always simple and easy to make. Although slow cooker recipes does take time because the cooking procedure is slow but it taste great and food ingredients cooked with this method are always tender and juicy.
By this method, cooking chicken recipes or any other meat recipes is easy and they are always tender and soft and full of flavors and aroma. Today I am making a simple dish called orange glazed chicken recipe. This recipe is not just simple but the flavors are tangy and mouthwatering. You can serve this recipe with simple steamed rice. This recipe got flavors of Chinese ingredients plus it also requires frying before cooking it in a crack-pot.
I got this recipe from one of my friend and later I tried this recipe with a slow cooker and also I made many changes to make this recipe more flavorsome. In this the crisp fried chicken pieces are later cooked in the orange marinade which makes a juicy, sticky sauce which taste great with rice in fact, serve it with butter rice to bring out the flavors more.
You can make slow cooker recipe at low settings for 5-6 hours or cook them at high settings for 3 hours. Today I am setting my crock pot at high settings for 2-3 hours. Whenever I use crock pot I start my cooking at 5 p.m. or something once I am back from work and in the mean time I do all my household activities by 9 p.m., my dinner is ready to be served. I eat my dinner do some official work-watch some TV and hit my sack, simple life. It’s more relaxing and help me to complete my work without worrying about my dinner.
Anyways let’s not waste any time and start cooking this wonderful recipe –
This recipe yields 4 servings
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Total: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 1 ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sesame oil or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 cup herby chicken broth
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup ground sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2-4 garlic clove
- ½ inch ginger, make a paste
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon Hoisin Sauce
- To make the marinade, whisk chicken broth, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, orange zest, hoisin sauce, ginger and white pepper together in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved completely.
- Now take 2/3 of this mixture and marinade chicken pieces for at least 20 minutes. The longer you keep better are the results. Drain the chicken from the marinade, and discard the marinade.
- Now take a nonstick wok and add oil for frying at medium high heat. Now dredge the chicken pieces in the cornstarch and dip it into egg mixture and fry them. You can also use electric fryer. Just fry them so that it’s crispy from outside.
- After the chicken is done pour the remaining marinade and cooked chicken pieces in the crock pot. Cover the crock pot and let it cook for 2 to 3 hours on high settings. Check once when the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped spring onions and serve it over steamed rice.
Kids simply love this easy recipe as it’s sweet and tangy. Serve it with some orange slices and steamed broccoli. I hope you will like the recipe. Please let me know about it. And if you have such interesting recipes to share; then you can write to me. If I find recipe interesting and unique I may share the recipe on my blog with your details. Till then, enjoy and happy cooking!