St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and if you are still confused with the menu then in today’s post, I am going to share a simple starter recipe that you can try for a day. If we look at our menu then we definitely have corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda and shepherd’s pie for this day which are the traditional Irish food. Therefore a starter should be a bite-size and should not have beef because we are serving that in the main course.
Still if you want some recipes with beef then go for some easy meatloaf recipes for this day. What I was planning is to keep a chicken recipe in the menu and nothing but a bite size chicken meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potatoes as an icing. Meatloaf recipes are favorite of many people and if you want to make meatloaf with other meat like turkey bacon etc. feel free to make some. Cupcakes can be made in large quantities at a single time which is apt for any party or event. And if you top them with a favorite mashed potatoes then you don’t have to worry about serving them on plates; they can be a real good finger food for the party.
Chicken meatloaf cupcakes are really simple to make and as it is chicken, it cooks quickly as compared with other meat like lamb or beef etc. Chicken Cupcakes are one of the easy meatloaf recipe that you can try any given day or at a festive season. Tip – with this recipe, you can also make chicken patty and griller them on a stovetop otherwise it’s easy to make them in the oven too. In today’s post, I am making it in the oven.
Let’s begin cooking –
This recipe can serve up to 6-8 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 pound ground chicken (skinless, boneless chicken breasts)
- ½ cup finely chopped spring/green onions
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup grated processed cheese
- Firstly with a help of a food processor, chop green onions really fine. And preheat the oven at 350 degree F.
- Now in a large mixing bowl, mix all the above ingredients except the grated cheese. Give this mixture a rest time of 10 minutes. (Make sure everything is mixed properly)
- By that time, spray your muffin molds with cooking spray. Now pour the chicken mixture which fills only half of the mold; put some shredded cheese and pour some more chicken mixture to fill the cupcake mold.
- Now bake this cupcakes at 350 degree F in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until its done. Give it a 10 minutes rest and spread some mashed potato like you garnish cupcakes with icing.
I am sure your guests would love this simple recipe and it’s really easy to make too. Don’t overcook the chicken as it becomes chewy and dry. Check if it’s done once after 15 minutes in the oven; mine took 20 minutes to cook the whole batch and it may wary with different ovens, so I recommend to check the dish after 15 minutes and also chicken cooks quickly so make sure it’s done properly.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe and will try this recipe for this festive season. If you have any query or if you like to share something with me; please write to me. I will be waiting for your emails. Till then, Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Be safe!