Whenever I am in hurry and really confused about what to cook and don’t have patience for anything, I make this quick and easy recipe. As the name suggests, this recipe is really quick and easy to make. I am not sure about its origin because I blend different herbs and ingredients in this recipe; it got Chinese flavors and Italian herbs, so ultimately this is completely my recipe.
Anyways chicken recipes are quick and easy when you use the breast part of that chicken which are healthy, rich in protein and got almost negligible fat contents. Nevertheless this recipe is so flexible that if you even got grilled chicken leftovers you can use them easily. This recipe got very few ingredients which are easily available in the kitchen.
The sweet and zesty flavors makes it really amazing and a complete delight to get indulge. You can have this chicken recipe as an appetizer or snacks and if you double the sauce then it can be served over butter rice or noodles to make a complete bowl meal. This recipe can never go wrong even kids can make this recipe, use fresh chicken breast chunks or use grilled chicken chunks, simple veggies, mix of flavors and traditions- this recipe is a complete delight, trust me!
This recipe serves up to 4 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green chili, deseeded, chopped
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon mix of herbs; oregano, pizza or garlic bread seasoning, or dry basil
- ½ teaspoon of thyme
- Dash of honey
- Take oil in the non-stick pan at a medium heat and add minced garlic into this; sauté it until it gives fragrance. Into this add chopped onion, and sauté them until it’s translucent.
- Now add green chili and sauté them for another 1 minute. Now add chicken. Let it cook a bit.
- Add rest all ingredients expect the honey i.e. ketchup, soy sauce, sugar, lemon juice, dry herbs and salt and pepper; mix well. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Once it’s done, add dash of honey and turn off the heat.
Easy isn’t it. It got all the flavors and aroma and taste and the best part is you can make the exact recipe with shrimps even, just replace chicken with shrimps and it taste just great with shrimps too.
I hope you will like this recipe and if you got such amazing and simple recipes, please share with me. I would love to learn new interesting recipes like this. You can share such interesting chicken recipes with everyone here. If you want to discuss or have any feedback, share it with me. Send me an email or simply comment! Till then, have a rocking time ahead; keep cooking! Bon apetite!!