There is a wide range of appetizer party recipes available from where you can get ideas to choose from with appealing flavors. At times you can make your own alterations to make it an excellent choice of your guests. You can make appearance of your appetizers as per your elegant themes such as caviar or brie cheese.
So I have come up with an appetizer recipe using Apple as a main ingredient.
Apple-Blue Cheese Chutney Recipe
Yield: Serves 10 (serving size: about 3 1/2 tablespoons)
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil & brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots & golden raisins
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped peeled Braeburn apple (2 large)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper & kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
1. Take a small saucepan then heat oil over medium-high flame. In this pan add shallots; sauté them for 1 minute then add apple and next 4 ingredients (through vinegar); bring it to a boil.
2. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates till the time apples turn tender.
3. Remove pan from heat; stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt, thyme and pepper. Cool it to room temperature. Gently stir in blue cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 teaspoon thyme.
Make-ahead tip: Prepare and refrigerate the chutney up to three days ahead; bring it to room temperature before serving. For a prettier presentation, you can top crostini with chutney, and sprinkle the cheese on top instead of stirring it into the chutney.
Appetizers are favorites of everyone as they really do increase your appetite before jumping on to your main course dish. During weeknights I hardly find time to make them but with some easy recipes which I have found over the web now I can easily make them every alternate day.
Till then Happy Cooking! Enjoy Eating!