Ground beef has high nutritional value and is enriched with diverse nutrients, vitamins, minerals, proteins. It is good for growing children as it is supposed to be tremendously beneficial in building body tissues. So all moms should actually try some scrumptious but nourishing beef recipes for kids.
Beef is also a substantial meat and hence can be cooked for the entire family anytime. Earlier also I had posted some recipes which can be prepared with ground beef such Simple Ground Beef Recipes Under 30 Minutes and Slow-Cooker: American Chop Suey with Ground Beef wherein I had discussed Frying Pan Goulash and Basil, Beef, and Barley Soup which was appreciated by many moms who tried these for their kids.
Now I came across another new ground beef recipe from Allrecipes.
Prep: 20Min | Cook: 40Min | Ready In: 1 hr
Original recipe makes 8 servings.
- 1 pound ground beef, mozzarella cheese, shredded & bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup sliced black olives & 1 pinch basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano and onion flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, garlic powder & minced garlic
- 2 (14 ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- Firstly brown the ground beef and Italian sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Now drain excess grease. In this skillet stir in the water and black olives, and season with basil, garlic powder, oregano, sage, pepper, minced garlic, and onion flakes. Let the simmer for about 15 minutes, while stirring frequently. Stir in the marinara sauce, and remove it from heat.
- Preheat the oven to about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Now place a layer of the meat and sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with a layer of dry noodles. Then spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese over the noodles, and sprinkle with a little mozzarella cheese. Let it cover with another layer of sauce, and repeat layering ending with the meat and sauce on top. Keep it reserved for about 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese for later.
- Bake it for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, but check after 30 minutes depending on how thick the lasagna is. To check whether lasagna is cooked you can easily stick a knife into it.
- Finally sprinkle the reserved cheese over its top, and return to the oven for about 10 minutes for a nice melted cheese topping.
Your delicious recipe is now ready to be served.