Looking for some easy dinner ideas for a weeknight than this recipe is a solution to it. You can describe this recipe as - Super easy, fast, and delicious!!! This recipe is spicy yet yummilicious.
If I talk more about dinner ideas and menus, then I personally prefer to eat healthy and light food in night and a whole-grain pasta or spaghetti is always a good option for it. Red sauce or a sauce which is made from tomatoes contains less-fat or no fat as compared to the white ones. It’s easy to digest and if you like spicy tangy flavors then you will surely enjoy this recipe. Tomatoes are beneficial for our body; as they are sweet, juicy, and delicious and contains vitamin C in it. It is also a good source of Vitamins A, C, K, folate and potassium. On top of that, one serving of tomatoes can gives you 2 grams of fiber, which is 7% of the daily recommended amount. Tomatoes also have a relatively high water content, which makes them a filling food. So, if you are planning to reduce some weight tomatoes can surely help you here.
Talking about this recipe; this pasta recipe is really simple one. And it can be made within 30 minutes i.e. including the preparation and cooking time. In this recipe I am adding some scallops as well to make this recipe not just healthy but super yum too.
Let’s not waste any further time and start cooking –
This recipe can serve up to 4 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 12 ounces whole-grain or multigrain spaghetti
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole San Marzano tomatoes, crushed by hand
- ¾ pound bay scallops (instead of scallops you can also use shrimps in it)
- 4-5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- 1 (1-inch) piece parmesan cheese rind
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, sliced, plus more for topping
- Salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as per the directions.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, keep stirring until the garlic softens, for about 1 minute or so. Now add the tomatoes, parmesan rind, ½ cup water and half of the basil leaves. Bring the sauce to a boil, then stir and reduce the heat to medium-low; simmer it for 15 minutes. Lastly, season it with salt.
- Now, upturn the heat to medium high, and add the scallops and cook, stirring occasionally, until it’s opaque, for about 5 minutes. Remove the parmesan rind from it and add the remaining basil leaves and season it with salt and more red pepper flakes. (If required)
- Lastly, drain the pasta and add this to the skillet with the sauce and toss. Divide the pasta among bowls, drizzle with olive oil and top with more basil.
- Serve warm.
This is a healthy recipe too. Try using whole-grain pasta or spaghetti in it. For more easy recipes, I need your ideas and suggestions or if you have such quick and easy recipes to share you can comment below. I would really appreciate if you guys can also let me know how you find this recipe. Till then Stay Happy and Healthy!