Monday 14 July 2014

Recipes for Chicken Marsala with Mushrooms

There are very few food items which can be termed as wonder food. Chicken and mushroom are certainly on that list. These two food items can go with anything and everything and they taste good with almost every flavor.

Different types of mushroom are available in the market but the most common ones are button mushrooms. I just got some fresh button mushrooms picked out of my backyard and now I am thinking what to cook from them. I am looking at them like they are my prey. There are so many recipes of chicken which can be made in combination of mushroom. 

Today, I will share one such recipe which is made with mushroom and chicken and very close to my heart because this is my father’s favorite recipe. I hope you will also like this recipe as much as my father do.


Ingredients:-
  • 2 boneless chicken breast (cut in half)
  • 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 5 big button mushrooms (cut in thin slices)
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • ½ cup marsala wine
  • 3 shallots (thinly sliced)
  • Salt & pepper (to taste)
  • Parsley (for garnishing) 
Methods:-
  • Mix salt and pepper well and season the chicken. Once done, coat the chicken with all-purpose flour and dust off the excess.
  • Take a heavy base pan and melt the 1 spoon butter in it. Once it’s melted, add olive oil in the pan and mix well. Now put the chicken and cook it on a low-medium heat for about 3 minutes each side. After 6 minutes, remove the chicken from the pan.
  • In the same pan, add the rest of the butter and add shallots and sauté them for a minute. Turn the heat on high settings and add mushrooms. Let them get cooked for about 3-4 minutes.
  • Add marsala wine and bring it to boil. Post that, add the chicken stock.
  • Once the chicken stock is boiled, add the chicken. Season the gravy with salt & pepper as per your taste.
  • Give resting time of 10 minutes to chicken in the gravy before serving!
  • Before serving garnish it with parsley
This dish can be cooked in less than 20 minutes and if you want, you can serve this with dish on the bed of cumin rice as well. There are so many other recipes for chicken marsala with mushrooms, but that I will share in my future post. For now, I hope you will all enjoy cooking this dish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment