Side dishes, whenever this term come to my mind, I always have to think what I will serve it with? But what if you can make a side dish as a main dish! Interesting, isn’t it? I was thinking about the Meatless Mondays and all I was looking for a recipe which is vegetarian plus healthy.
We all know that it is important to include vegetables in our meal and vegetable side dishes could be one of the best option to choose from. Here I got a recipe from a newsletter which suggests that it is a side dish but believe me; I and my family have enjoyed this recipe solely without making anything else and we served it with some cool drinks to go with it.
In this recipe, you have green beans and mushrooms as main ingredients. Green beans and mushrooms are really healthy to have. Do you know, mushrooms are the only vegetable or fruit that contains Vitamin D and K. It’s healthy for the people suffering from diabetics, Type 2. This recipe also got bread crumbs in it, which gives this recipe a base and carbohydrates for the meal.
Still if you want you can serve this recipe with baked chicken breast; Chicken breast and this vegetable side dish complement each other a lot and taste just incredible. This casserole recipe is easy to make and is completely hassle-free and fail-proof recipe that you can try this weekend.
You can find the recipe here –
This recipe serves up to 8 servings (if you’re not eating anything along with this, serve 2 servings each)
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 4 Tbsp. Butter Spread, divided
- 1 package (10 oz. /300 g) mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tub Knorr Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces and blanched
- ¼ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Now melt 2 tablespoons Spread in 2-quart saucepan and cook mushrooms and onion, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in water, cream, Knorr Chicken Stock, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange green beans in large shallow casserole, then pour on sauce. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread and blend with bread crumbs; sprinkle over green beans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.
This recipe is really simple. If you also have simple recipes or any meal ideas that you would love to share, you can share here below the comment box. If you have any query or confusion, feel free to contact. Enjoy!