From years, chicken cooked in foil is my favorite recipe for dinner. It’s not just easy and quick to make but it’s healthy too. Just put some veggies, seasoned chicken breast and herbs in a packet of foil and put it in an oven to cook for 35-40 minutes, that’s it. Your easy scrumptious meal is ready.
I used to make this all easy recipe when I was in college and used to feel too lazy to cook anything off late. This recipe was the rescuer and the best thing about this recipe was I didn’t had to order any junks or pizza for my dinner (I am a fitness freak and always take care what goes in my mouth).
All you need is a thick foil paper for cooking, if you don’t have that cooking paper handy use two foil papers at the same time. Secondly it should be large enough to cover the whole chicken and veggies together, there should not be any space or vent from where the hot air can escape. Let the chicken cooked in all those aroma and flavors of herbs and vegetables.
Second important ingredients are veggies you like to have from zucchinis to mushrooms, bell pepper to asparagus, potatoes and tomatoes. You can add anything which you like, make sure use fresh herbs.
Anyways let’s start cooking –
This recipe can serve up to 4 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
Total: 50-55 minutes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced
- 2 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups Mushrooms, chopped
- 2 bell pepper
- ½ cup Olives pitted
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Fresh rosemary and thyme
- Oregano seasoning
- 2 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 4 cooking foil paper 9” or more foil paper squares
- Preheat the oven or convection oven at 350o F.
- Firstly flattened your chicken breast pieces evenly. What I used to do in college was to put them in between a clear sheet and with a help of mug I used to flatten them.
- Now marinade the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, Dijon mustard and minced garlic. Keep it aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the veggies like onions, potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms and bell peppers. You can also add zucchini or asparagus if you want.
- Now take the foil paper and spray them with cooking oil or apply 1 teaspoon of olive oil on each foil. Place the chicken pieces face down and add all the veggies, add pitted olives, and add fresh rosemary, thyme and oregano. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the veggies too. (You can also sauté them in a skillet pan with some salt and pepper if you like). Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese and wrap the foil paper properly so that no heat and escape.
- Put the foil paper in the oven and let it cook for 30-35 minutes. Once it’s done, give at least of 10 minutes stand by time.
Open these foil pocket and enjoy your scrumptious yet healthy dinner recipe which is easy to make and easy to cook. I hope all my college students or people who are living alone and hardly get time for cooking will like this fast and easy recipe. If you have any query or any suggestion feel free to contact. Happy cooking and bon appetite!